The Ecstasy market is heavily polluted nowadays. On the one hand there are many pills floating around that do NOT contain MDMA at all, or just a little bit, and are being cut with other substances such as (Meth)amphetamine or piperazines. On the other hand there are pills going around that contain massive amounts of MDMA. The uninformed potential user of such samples is left without a clue and is potentially putting his/her health at risk. EZ Tests MDMA purity testing kit is the only test currently available that can do this and it is relatively easy to do. We have the solution for both of these issues.
- Weigh your sample on an accurate scale that can measure 0.001 grams and write down the total weight of the pill.
- Take exactly 20 milligrams (0.020g) from the sample and make sure it is a fine powder.
- Open the ampoule and add the 0.020g of sample, shake a bit and let stand for a while.
- Within 5-15 minutes you will have a general idea as to what you’re dealing with, however, a 30-45 min period will give best results. Compare the colour of the TOP LAYER with the chart. The test was calibrated on a 10-25-50-75-96% pure sample.
- Now get your phone and start the calculator. Multiply the weight of the sample by the percentage found in the results. This will give you a general idea about how much MDMA is in the sample overall.
- As always: when finished, dispose of the ampoule neatly. Please do not litter.
Are there any caveats with this test? Yes. The MDMA Purity Testing Kit is not meant for identifying MDMA, for this, we recommend our EZ Test Ecstasy Test Kit.
Are there any cross-reactions with this test? We have tested this reagent with every substance we could get our hands on.
Here are the results:
- MDMA only colours the top layer of the test so if the bottom layer gives a colour this may be from an adulterant.
- This test does not react with amphetamines
- PIPERAZINES: Bright yellow top layer, gives residue on the sides of the ampoule in between the two layers. (MDMA does not give this residue.)
- PARACETAMOL: Yellow top and bottom layers (MDMA only colours the top layer)
This is, by far, the most advanced test on the market for people who want to know what they are dealing with!
Suppose your pill weighs 0.286 grams which is 286 milligrams, and you get a result that corresponds to the 75% scale (high MDMA content) in the chart. This means that your pill contains approximately 0.75 * 286 milligrams = 214.5 milligrams of MDMA